I agree with you that time is money, but I don't totally agree with you that
ATI is the problem here since I also get application crashes when I try to
print. But it only affects PCB printing. Schematic printing works fine. I get a
PCBPrint.dll error that effectively hangs the Protel 99SE SP6 application. I
must use the task manager to kill it and restart the program. Admittedly, I do
have networked HP printers that may be part of the problem, but I don't think
it's the graphics vendor's problem.

Think about it: Protel doesn't print properly when the host machine has an ATI
card or it tries to talk to an HP printer. Do you think HP and ATI have
something against Altium? I doubt it. More likely, something in the Protel
application is circumventing standard OS interface calls, for whatever reason,
causing some device vendor's interfaces to break. That's not the vendor's
fault, it Atiums. Besides, every other program I have has no troubles using my
printer configuration, so I say the conclusion must be that Protel is flawed.

Unfortunately and ultimately, it's my problem. I installed P99SE on my laptop,
which, BTW, has an ATI graphics card, and it functions properly. On my Dell
with an NVIDIA card, it crashes. Same printers, same printer drivers, same OS.
One works, one doesn't. I really don't have time to figure out what's wrong
with Protel right now, so I'm stuck doing my development on a laptop until I
get past my time crunch.

Altium needs to figure out what the problem is and stop having their customers
debug their printer/video problems.

My two cents,

Bryn Wolfe