Tom,

what are the settings you use to get the text showing up ? as I cant seem
to recreate your problem.

please elaborate

Wayne Trow
PCB Design Technician
Gallagher Group LTD
Hamilton
NEW ZEALAND
[p] +64 7 838 9800 ext 8737
[f] +64 7 838 9801
[e] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Tom Kress"

                    <tom.kress@adp       To:     "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    ro.com.au>           cc:

                                         Subject:     [PEDA] Camtastic

                    24/01/02 13:24

                    Please respond

                    to "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

Folks,
We use CAMtastic as a gerber verification tool and it does the job
reasonably well.
However...one thing that we can't seem to get around is the annoying text
blocks that are superimposed over the pads of imported gerber files.
This is real hassle when printing out layers as the text increases in size
with zoom factor completely obliterating some of the details.
The text takes the form of the gerber filename and as of yet we are unable
to turn off or delete this unwelcome "feature" as it also affects the
printout quality (

If anyone from the forum has experienced the same with a possible solution
it would  be greatly appreciated.  Protel tech support didn't offer much.

Regards,
Tom.

At 15:44 23/01/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Wayne -Where can I find the 2 products that you mentioned?
>Sean James
>PCB Designer
>Telecast Fiber Systems, Inc.
>102 Grove Street
>Worcester, MA 01605
>(TEL) 508.754.4858 x33
>(FAX) 413.541.6170

Camtastic
> >                     24/01/02 04:53
> >                     Please respond
> >                     to "Protel EDA
> >                     Forum"
> >

> > I haven't seen any posting here about CAMtastic. I'm using the program
> > simply to panelize some boards for production. I would be interested in
> > hearing opinions on the product or receiving advice on the process,
from
>an
> > experienced user.
> >
> > Thanks, Shawn

Tom Kress
CAD Group Manager

Vision Fire & Security
14 Parkway, Technology Park
Mawson Lakes  SA  5095
Australia

Phone:
Direct Extn:    +61 8 8462 1131
Switchboard:    +61 8 8462 1000
Mobile: 0438 558 966

Fax:     +61 8 8462 1001

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IMPORTANT ? This email and any attachments may be confidential. Any
retransmissions, dissemination or other use of these materials by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If received in

error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our liability is limited
to resupplying any affected attachments. [Any representations or opinions
expressed in this e.mail are those of the individual sender, and not
necessarily those of Vision Systems Limited].