On 12:36 PM 30/01/2002 -0800, Ray Mitchell said:

>(Protel 99SE)
>
>Over the years I've created many Schematic and PCB libraries and as fate
>(and sloppy programming practice) would have it, I've ended up with many
>duplicate or semi-duplicate parts in different libraries.  I'd like a
>reasonable way to merge everything into one library.  Ideally, if a
>duplicate part were found I'd be given the option of which one to
>keep.  Is this asking too much?

Yes it is asking too much....

At least an automated library merge does not exist - could be written as a
new server but as far as I know no-one has.

You can easily enough merge the two libraries (See the info on the "Moving
schlib components between libraries in different DDBfiles" thread.) but
then removing duplicates will be a manual job.  Fairly quick
though.  Especially if you add the Remove Component process to a hot key.

Ian Wilson