At 12:36 PM 1/30/2002 -0800, Ray Mitchell wrote:
>Over the years I've created many Schematic and PCB libraries and as fate
>(and sloppy programming practice) would have it, I've ended up with many
>duplicate or semi-duplicate parts in different libraries.  I'd like a
>reasonable way to merge everything into one library.  Ideally, if a
>duplicate part were found I'd be given the option of which one to
>keep.  Is this asking too much?

No, it's not too much, and you already have something a tiny bit better,
I'd say, than what you asked for.

In any library, you can use, in the Components window in the Panel,
Ctrl-leftclick to accumulatively select/unselect parts, or you can select
them all (or some sequential subset) by left-clicking on the first one and
then shift-leftclick on the last. With whatever you want to copy selected,
rt.-click in the component window and select Copy. Then go to the new
library, left-click in the component panel window so that it is active,
then rt.-click and select Paste. All parts will be copied, and any
duplicated part names will be given an extension, the first extension given
will be _1. You can then go over all the duplicates and determine which
ones you want to keep.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA