At 11:10 AM 2/4/2002 +1100, Ian Wilson wrote:
>There was an attempt to improve this in one of the service packs (SP6
>maybe) which added the "Assign Net to Connected Copper" option in the
>Synchronizer.  But in my experience this seems to really slow down the synch.

One would expect it to do so. That command must analyze all nets for
connection to free primitives, whereas otherwise the Synchronizer can
ignore the physical routing.

Note that one needs to update the extra primitives only once, when the
footprint is originally placed and synchronized. The nets are retained with
subsequent loads, just as they are with free primitives. Of course, if you
change a net assigned to a complex pad, you will need to re-synchronize.

I'm really leaning toward the use of multiple pads (same pad name) to build
complex pads, instead of non-pad primitives, since, as long as the
synchronizer is used, everything is handled automatically.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA