On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Andrew Ircha wrote:

> I assume that Viewmate is some kind of Gerber viewing package.

Yep, from Lavenir - seems to be well behaved, and is free (but won't save
in demo mode).

> It might be helpful to tell us how many of these shunts you have on the
> board.

30, of which 9 were diagonal...

> If there's a lot we might have to think of something clever, if
> there's only a few we could come up with a hack.

It's not a lot, and your 45 degree hack seems sane. It's just a pain that
this all happens after all the error checking, so boards that I expect to
come back working need an embarassing number of patch wires.

A test board I've just built doesn't exhibit this problem, so It's not a
trivial bug :(
It's noticeable that Protel draws off-axis pads using track rather than
pad, so I guess it's possible that weird bits of code are getting called,
but I can't provoke it in a trivial test board.

Steve