At 01:33 PM 2/4/2002 -0500, Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:
>i did a design rules check and i had 15 shorts and 15
>corresponding clearance constraints.  scared me good!
>i looked at some of the problems and there were vias
>and traces with no net.  i was clueless.

This is what happens when the autorouter stops or is stopped before completion.

I'm not sure, but I think that the autorouter might not do cleanup if it
does not complete, I haven't looked lately. Actually, I would not want it
to do cleanup until completion, because "cleanup" could block more routing
channels, and I want as many channels open as possible to manually finish
the board.

>THEN... i unrouted the thing and several traces REMAINED
>ON THE BOARD!  i don't really know how this happened.
>could it have been when i stopped an autoroute?  surely
>its not MY fault!  ;-)

Once the board has been completed, one might be able to lock a few traces
and see if the autorouter will complete and clean up. But I haven't
autorouted a board for quite a while, someone else may well have better
advice. Manually placing and locking difficult track is one way to drive
the router....

Good placement is typically the key to good autorouting, just as it is to
good manual routing....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA