Hi Tommy,

This topic has been mentioned before a while back (albeit briefly).

I would also like a more "useful" 3D board creator/viewer.  I don't know if this
will happen, but I recently was sent notice of a new add-on.  This was the
main part of the message (hope it's ok to send it):-

>This email is to inform you of the release of a new version of the
>Protel/AutoCAD 3D modeler.

>New features include:

>Bi-directional operation
>Support for remote operation - ie uses an AutoCAD licence across the
>network. User definable outlines for auto created 3D parts Support for
>AutoCAD 2000, 2000i and 2002.

>There is a free 30 day trial available for download.

>For more info, go to www.desktop-eda.com.au

As mentioned before on the list - the add-on needs an AutoCAD license on
the pc or network.
It costs AUSSIE$895/lic.

I only really want flexibility in the way the parts look - not for any real
functional manufacturing type reasons, just for visualisation for students.

Cheers
Liane.

> When I got 99SE i was promised that there will come an uppgrade to fix the
> problems to edit 3D components, in 3D view. I havent heard anything abaut
> in this group, are the other ho is waiting for this "uppgrade".
>

> Tommy Akesson

Electrical Drawing with CAD Tutor
Elecrical & Computer Engineering Department
CPIT
Ph 9408330 or 9408142