On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 at 10:21:47, Waldemar Kulajew wrote:-
>"ElectronTrade (info)" schrieb:
>< --snipp -->
>>
>> Please visit www.qualecad.com
>> They have plug-in for 3D view of pcb in Protel. But their module can
>> load 3D models created in Solidworks. I don't use it really but I tested
>> it a few months ago. It work very good.
>
>I was waiting for the 3D tool to. Meanwhile I tried the qualecad plug-in and
>found it a very helpfull tool. he only problem I have : my boss is not willing
>to pay the Price, even if it is a very low one.  ;-)
>So I´m still waiting for Protel.....
>
>Waldemar

We use QualECAD mainly for viewing board layers, etc. and also have
found the export and print facilities very useful for documentation.  We
use Solid Edge to draw new or modify the supplied components where
necessary.

Being users of SE we are waiting for a soon to be released package that
links SE to Protel in the same way that the Desktop-EDA program does for
Solid Works.  Then we will have the complete link and both options.

For the Protel 3D viewing tool to be effective they will have to either
link this to there own 3D creation tool or align their tool to a
specific 3D vendor, which will not be acceptable to users that do not
have or require 3D CAD.

The QualECAD tool has many advantages over the Protel offering.  It
seems to me that Protel would be better dropping their viewer and
including a cut down version of the QualECAD product giving the option
of upgrading if required.

We are not waiting for Protel.  Life's to short for that.

Neale.