From: Jun Gong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 3:44 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Designator matching

Hi, Everybody,

I have a schematic and a PCB. They are pretty matching except the
designators. This is caused by manually layout of the PCB. There are
several repeated and similar zones in PCB, so I just do copy the first
routed zone to other places.

I compared the 2 netlist files (one generated from PCB, the other from
schematic) they are matching.

The problem is how can I modify the designators in schematics so that
the schematic could be the identical to the PCB. There are 500 parts
involved, so I don't want to do it manually.

Any suggestions?

John