Jan,
        actually it is not possibly to import footprints directly though
linking. The only fields which are linkable are the 8 part fields, not the
footprint field.
        That said, there is a work-around to this problem. We use this
method where I work. We import "a" footprint into one of the part fields.
Then there is a special add-on server written by Geoff Harland which will
copy the footprint from a part field to the footprint field. This will work
with only one footprint and copies globally across the schematic all the
singular specified part fields into the footprint field.
        That all said, there would not be a way to copy multiple footprints
into the footprint field other then originally specifying them in the
original part creation within the library.

Geoff's server is called "SchAddon_6_6_1.zip" for use with P99SE SP6. It is
available at:

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.