At 08:30 AM 2/18/2002 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Does anybody know how I can import four different footprints in one
>schematic component?  As far as I know, it is only possible to import one
>footprint in the schematic.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Posted from Association web site by: Jan Lambrecht

It's not exactly clear to what Mr. Lambrecht wants to do. So I'll just make
some comments on footprints.

In the schematic library editor, up to four footprints may be assigned to
each part, under the Description button in the Panel. These footprints will
be available in the part edit dialog. The actual footprint used on the
board will be the one chosen, or it may be some other footprint manually
entered or otherwise changed.

To make the four footprints available for a part, press the Update
Schematics button in the panel. This will update parts used on currently
open schematics. (It *may* be necessary to save the library file before
pressing this button, I haven't checked lately.)

If footprints are edited in the PCB, the footprint field in the Schematic
may be overwritten with the value used on the PCB if the
Design/UpdateSchematic process is followed.

So designers who like to assign footprints at the PCB level, take note: you
can do this and still end up with correct footprint assignments in the
schematic. (Common practice has been to leave the schematics without
correct footprint assignments, which then makes it impossible to use the
synchronizer to make footprint changes, since many footprints are incorrect
and it would be a pain to go through and delete the macros one does not
want to execute.

(By the way, I *always* preview updates unless I have been going back and
forth frequently and I am very confident that only what I want changed is
being changed. Even then it might be a bad idea to skip the preview.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA