Geoff Harland wrote:

> This is a question I am posing on behalf of a workplace colleague.
>
> Does anyone have a working schematic capture example for the Xilinx- CPLD
> 9536VQ44  producing .jed file? (Either for Protel 99 SE or Protel 98.)

No, and I suspect you won't find any.  After about a month of communication
with protel about 2 years ago, and running into many roadblocks, I gave
up on getting the Protel PLD software to work.  There were files missing
from
the suite of Xilinx tools that convert schematic info to properly formatted
HDL files for the specific architecture.  In other words, when using a
particular chip family, Protel calls up specific programs to process the
file, and in some cases the files Protel calls are not included.  Protel
was no help, with vague mumbling that those programs used to be
on the Xilinx web site.  Well, no longer!

I tried to use some free and demo tools from Xilinx, but the Protel .xnf
output was not acceptable to any Xilinx tools I tried.  They complained that

the .xnf files had syntax errors.  I sent these results to Protel, and never

heard anything in response.

I use the Xilinx Foundation tools.  They are pretty bad, but they DO work.

Jon