Geoff, my experience with mirroring layouts (now several years in the past)
was so disasterous that I gave it up. Connectivity of all copper objects
became completely unreliable, not to say trash.

Can 99SE/SP6 in fact mirror layouts and retain connectivity? Or are you
referring to mirroring as an aid to viewing overlays and the like on a
"scratch"
board, while modifying and later using the "true" layout?

Brian