Ian or others,
        just for reference I have followed this thread and it seems that
most people would be satisfied with a bottom layer viewer. It is funny that
Protel has bought Accel because Accel EDA (PCAD?) had/has an invertible
viewer back in version 14. I used to use the viewer function to embed the
viewer within the database, offset from the original board to document
bottom side assembly. I would place the inverter view and then drop a sheet
outline and titleblock around it and place notes. The viewer was linked in
realtime to the original database so you could place it and forget it, voila
instant documentation of bottom side assemblies.
        Could we maybe pray that Protel thinks it is a good feature and
builds it into Phoenix as well?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.