At 02:13 PM 3/1/2002, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>Has anyone else here got mail from "e-teknet"?  I've been especially
>careful, but, somehow, I got on their email list.

Apparently for the last couple weeks a forum member, Sam Jiang
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has, against forum rules, been harvesting addresses
for the purposes of spamming. He and his company have been permanently
banned from these forums. If anyone wishes to express their displeasure,
you should contact him directly.

In the future, if someone suspects that a forum member is harvesting email
addresses, please contact the Forum Administrator immediately.

Since there is some concern, we would like to state for the record that the
forum membership lists are not available to the public or to other list
members. It is possible however for a potential spammer to harvest email
addresses of members posting to these forums simply by subscribing and
reading the addresses of those posting messages to the list. Those that
participate in forum discussions can avoid being the target of spammers by
posting using the web site or by using a different email account for their
forum memberships.

Please take further discussions on this topic to the Open Topic forum or
off-line.

Thank You,

Forum Administrator
Association of Protel EDA Users