At 05:13 PM 3/1/2002 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>     Has anyone else here got mail from "e-teknet"?  I've been especially
> careful,
>but, somehow, I got on their email list.

They have sent ads to a number of lists, including
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and an OrCAD list that I follow. They also
joined protel-users-association, but they did not send an ad there. I have
put them on moderation for the protel-users lists that they joined, but I
have no control over what they do on or with the Techserv list, if they are
members. It is certainly not difficult to join....

I also got a solicitation for fab work sent directly to me.

There is a list, protel-users-ads, which would actually be appropriate for
the kind of ad they are sending. It's a moderated list, to eliminate actual
and completely irrelevant spam, but the intention would be to allow
advertising for anything reasonably related to the needs of Protel users,
such as software, fab and assembly services, etc. But they did not take the
trouble to look around.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA