I guess I am not sure what you are referring to about my incorrect
assumption in my last note.  "If you find a free (legal) solution, post it."
is a statement.  I'm sure many people would have a use for it.

> Hi Mark,
>
> You certainly jump to incorrect assumptions.  I am willing to buy Winline
> but not from the mfg.  Ideally, I am wanting to buy someone's copy that
> they no longer need.
>
> I am not looking for a free version.  However, if someone wants to donate
> theirs, I will accept it.
>
> Ros
>
>
> At 03:51 PM 3/1/2002, you wrote:
> >Ros,
> >
> >I think the price of everything is too high, except my own rates!!
> >If you find a free (legal) solution, post it.
> >
> >Mark
> >
> > > I am afraid that you have made an incorrect assumption.  I do not own
> > > Winline.  A friend who does have it, brought his machine over and we
tried
> > > to get my plotter going with that.  I still would like to buy a
version
> > > from someone who no longer needs theirs.
> > >
> > > I think $200.00 for a single driver is way too high for just a few
plots
> > > that I want to do occasionally.  If the dirver works - and I am still
not
> > > convinced that it does with XP-, I may just have to bite the bullet
and
> >buy
> > > it from Winline.
> > >
> > > Yes, I have considered dedicating a machine just for the plotter using
an
> > > older version of Windows.  I have a lot of machines around here but, I
> > > would like the ability to use this on a portable platform for special
> >needs.
> > >
> > > Thank you for all of your help.
> > >
> > > Ros
> > >
> > > At 05:16 AM 2/27/2002, you wrote:
> > > >Ros,
> > > >
> > > >In your original note you said you owned WinLine.  I don't understand
why
> > > >you would want to buy mine.  If yours is 2.0 like you say, just
contact
> >the
> > > >company and they should be able to upgrade you.  If you really don't
own
> >the
> > > >original license for Winline and you only want to make a couple of
plots,
> > > >you may be better off going back to Win 95 on a old PC just to get
the
> > > >plotting done.  95 supports HPGL out of the box.
> > > >
> > > >Yes, I still use mine and with no problems I might add.  WinLine has
been
> > > >one of my better investments.  It just works and I don't spend time
even
> > > >thinking about it except when someone asks how to plot.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >Hi,
> > > >
> > > >Are you still using your version of Winline?  If not, would you
consider
> > > >selling it?
> > > >
> > > >I am only needing to plot just a few items for a few times so, it is
not
> > > >prudent for me to buy a new plotter or version.
> > > >
> > > >Thanks
> > > >
> > > >Ros
> > > >
> > > > > 2.0, I believe.
> > > > >
> > > > > Why?  What versions are necessary for XP?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > >
> > > > > Ros
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > At 06:35 PM 2/25/2002, you wrote:
> > > > > >Ros,
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Did you check your version of Winline?  If so, what is it?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > >
> >


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* To leave this list visit:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html
*
* Contact the list manager:
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html
*
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/proteledaforum@techservinc.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reply via email to