At 08:40 AM 3/4/2002 -0800, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
>because these items are a collection of primitives and much easier to
>fetch from library and move around then to deal with them as primitives

Yes. This is why it would be desirable to have a way to prevent their
update; placing them on the schematic is acceptable, in my view. One might
have a small box in the corner of a schematic which contains all these
extra parts. Starting a new project, one might then simply copy this block.

They must have reference designators, however, so what is needed is a way
to suppress their output on BOMs, etc. Is there such a way? (I don't have
to deal with BOMs very often, so I don't know and while I recall discussion
of this, I don't recall the results of the discussion.)

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA