I have been using a Sony GDM-F400 19" Trinitron at 1600x1200 for the
past year and am extremely pleased with it.  The image is very sharp
with high contrast/color saturation and even the smallest text is very
readable.  I just did a test and can easily read 5 pt. text at
1600x1200.   It has dramatically better picture quality than any other
CRT that I have used before.

This is one of the high end "F" series of Sony monitors with .22mm dot
pitch and dynamic focus.  There is a 21" GDM-F520:
http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/displays/gdm_f520.shtml
and a 24" GDM-FW900:
http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/displays/gdm_fw900.shtml
that are in the same series but I have not seen them in person.

John Williams