From: Robison Michael R CNIN [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 1:33 PM
To: 'Protel EDA Forum'
Subject: [PEDA] monitor recommendations ??

hello,

i'm using a 4-year-old ilyama 21 inch crt monitor now, and
thats a pretty big monitor, but its less than 20 inches
actually, and its just not enough for me.  in order to drag
parts around on the pcb, i need to zoom out to find them
(i'm aware of the edit/jump feature, but its awkward to use
when everything isn't in view), and in order to keep from
zooming out to where i lose scope on part numbers, i have to
run at 1600x1200.  this is fine as long as i don't have to
look at the bottom of the window to see some node information,
or minimize the screen and read my email.  then the text is
simply too small for my old eyes.

i have the go-ahead to buy anything that costs less (total,
including shipping) than $2500US.

can anyone recommend a good flatscreen or crt?

thank you, miker