On 01:06 PM 25/03/2002 +1100, DUTTON Phil said:
>I've missed some of this string.
>Surely the new improved Protel is not dropping the .ddb?
>We use it and have written Work instructions to cover using them.
>Would not like to change tack again......
>
>Phil.

There is a new method of storing data in the next version
(apparently).  There was a little speculation that it replaces the DDB. I
can't believe that they would do this and have said so.  I thought I had
read in some release or bumpf that there were three methods of file storage
in the next version (as opposed to the two we now have) - but I can't
recall where I saw that.  Look back at Tony K.s discussions on the demo he
saw. My guess is that this is a non-issue.

Like you and Igor - I don't think I would like the DDB to disappear but I
am interested in seeing the alternatives. It is possible that there is no
practical method of making the DDB version control friendly and so to get
the version control interface working the new storage format is necessary -
who knows.

Ian Wilson