At 04:37 PM 4/1/2002 -0500, Michael Reagan wrote:
>Kerry
>First you mentioned two types of objects, hanging traces, and dead tracks.
>To remove dead tracks
>
>1. Deselect all
>2. Select a dead track
>3 globally select all tracks matching layer and {NO NET)
>4. control delete  to delete  all at once
>5. repeat for the next layer

Note that if the tracks were left over from a trace which had a net, this
may not detect them. I haven't checked all the combinations, but it may be
necessary to do an Update Free Primitives from Connected Pads or whatever
it is called. (Netlist Manager, Menu). Even this might not do it, I'm not
sure. If it doesn't remove the net assignments of floating track, it might
be necessary to unload the net list and reload with Update.

>For vias
>Select vias
>match globally with net name  ( NO NET)
>CONTROL DELETE all

Ditto.

>For hanging traces.....good luck but we print every gerber file, have a
>design review. The results are we rarely have hanging traces,

It would not be terribly difficult to find hanging traces; does CAMtastic
have this facility? I know some CAM programs do. It would be a good utility
for Protel to provide. I've had far too many jobs put on hold by fab
because they found floating track. It's never been a real problem, but I do
understand why they query it.

Yes, the way for us to find it is to examine the gerbers or gerber plots
carefully. They do stand out....