Tim,
        for small boards we will commonly attempt it in Protel but there are
some bugs which can creep in without notice until Protel gags and stops
performing some function correctly. For larger boards you would be wise to
skip on to the Camtastic but it is no fun.
        If you are just repeating a singular board in Camtastic it appears
to be dead simple (note: I haven't done that for an actual design). Merging
multiple boards in one panel in Camtastic you will have to do a sequence of
import, rename layers, import another board, merge layers, import board,
etc., etc.. There is a limit of 50 layers and you must keep merging to stay
within that 50 layers. Also the drill import and Gerber imports will not
automatically identify and properly merge the same apertures/drills from one
board to the other. You could end up with a separate drill tool for each
board although the drill is the same size, similarly with Gerber apertures.
This should be resolved in the end by re-exporting the Gerber and drills as
one contiguous panel file then re-importing that data to check that the
repeats have been correlated and merged. Otherwise your fabricator may
complain about the drill and aperture table sizes with so many repeated
drills or apertures. It is not a very pretty package for merging multiple
boards onto one panel.

        You are correct the GC-Prevue is only a viewer program, no editing.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.