I've been having ISP problems. Verizon. Need I say more? Anyway, I think
they are fixed, courtesy of addr.com.

At 05:52 PM 4/11/2002 +0100, Jason Morgan wrote:
>As for the latest on the actual problem - board warping to well within IPC
>recomendations but outside of what we'd like, it seems that the latest
>boards have even less of a problem.

Since warpage is "well within IPC recommendations" [presumably for a
maximum warpage specification], the most significant problem here is the
design of the rack into which the boards fit; it was clearly not designed
to handle normal PC boards.

One more comment: if one uses a single supplier for fabrication and
assembly, one can make any specification whatever for warp on the final
board (including  residual changes in warp after soldering), and it will be
the responsibility of the fabricator/assembler to make it work. If they
can't do it, it would be, again, their responsibility to tell you that in
advance. To avoid getting into a major hassle, it would be wise to make the
warpage requirement, and that it is tighter than the IPC standard, obvious
and crystal clear in the purchase order/supplied specifications and files.
Of course, fabrication outside the norms can have a major impact on cost;
thus fixing the rack might well be the most economical procedure. Do the
racks meet their specification? If not, the manufacturer would be
presumably be responsible for replacing them....