Mark E Witherite wrote:

>  That's a bad assumption.  This last year
> I learned that a board house is only as good as it's production
> employees.  a company that was once a NASA's top ten list, sent me batch of
> boards with two nets shorted.   And yes they were ordered with bed of nails
> testing.

This seems to be an endemic problem in the industry.  We have blackballed
at least 4 PCB fabricators, in my memory, for failing to do electrical testing,
while charging for it and stamping "ET" on the boards.  The last one was
Imagineering, which produced one 4- and one 6-layer board for us last year
where they failed to do the testing.  We had about 25% failure on one board
and close to 50% on the 6-layer board!  We don't have a tester, so we need
to stuff the boards and then track down the defects.  I had to dig down into
the power-ground layers to break shorts between the two planes.  So, we don't
use them anymore, we went back to Advanced Circuits, who have never pulled
this sort of stunt on us.

Jon