Good point. But, I have no polygon pours, but I do have internal
power/ground planes. 6 layer

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 11:11 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Netlist Import take too long?

In a message dated 4/23/2002 12:04:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Does anyone use a third party schematic capture program then import the
> netlist each time to Protel99SEsp6? Well I do and it works great always
> has.
> The problem I'm having is that some of the more sophisticated boards
> netlist
> take 10-15 minutes to load each time I need to import a new netlist due to
> schematic changes or pin swapping. Does anyone know of a fix for this or a
> way to accelerate the netlist import? The current board that that takes
> this
> long has about 816 components.
> I searched the Protel archive for this question and didn't see anything
> that
> remarks on this.

My guess would be something relating to polygon pours. Try resetting any
polygon pours to no hatching until your just about done with the board. I'm
guessing that you've got some big and/or complex pours connected to ground
and possibly also some supply rails.

Steve Hendrix