This happened to us when two users with the write access to a database were
working on it at the same time.

Igor

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 16 May 2002 1:51 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Crashing Database seems to depend on name

In a message dated 5/15/2002 11:45:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> just a simple attempt to fix your problem, have you tried to
> "repair" the compressed DDB file? Remember the repair tool is under the
> left
> side down arrow under utilities. I quite often forget about it as well
> because of it's semi-hidden location.

I thought about it but haven't tried it yet because I was able to recover a
known good database from the backup, and thus far the problem seems to
reliably track the filename. Is it possible that there's something stored
somewhere in the Protel defaults or something that keeps trying to reload
something else that is somehow associated with that filename? The offending
filename is EGC.ddb, but I don't see why that should have any special
meaning
to Protel; also, until today it had only crashed once in two weeks of
working
on that database off and on.

Steve Hendrix