I just spent a morning trying to resolve why my Drill Drawing Gerber
plot was showing a whole bunch of holes as size 0 mil (99SE-SP6).

It seems that since there are only 16 symbols defined for the drill
drawing, once you have more than 16 different drill sizes the CAM Drill
drawing lumps drill sizes together and assigns a hole size of 0 mil.
Apparently the NC drill file does contain the correct information.

It is a Knowledge Base Item (# 1472), however when something like this
sneaks up on you it is very disconcerting, as I was assuming lots of
possibilities from corrupted design files to invalid design rules. I
guess I would have preferred some indication that a limit had been
reached and the system was compensating, rather than just arbitrarily
assigning several different holes to 0 mil.

Just a reminder to any of you who might see something funny in your
Drill Drawing regarding hole sizes...

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs