Georg Beckmann wrote:

> I do not understand, what a drill drawing is good for. I only use the drill
> file and the
> board shop read this to the drill machine.
> Since I have a computer and CAD program, I'm happy
> not to fill out a drill drawing sheet with any hole marked with a secret
> label and wether I or
> the man in the board shop makes one or more mistakes when programming the '
> punchhole - tape for
> the drill machine '.

Advanced Circuits in Denver requires one.  I believe they use it as a
"sanity check" for the correlation between the drill file and the
photoplot files.  It seems that it really is not needed with Protel unless
you make photoplots with the "center plot on film" button selected.
If you keep the center button turned off, the coordinates in the drill
file will be identical to the coordinates used on the photoplot files.

What I provide on the drill drawing is the board outline which is placed on
a mechanical layer and added to all plots, the drill legend, and the drill
symbols.  This makes them happy, although it is only used to verify
the validity of the other files.

Jon