Miker,

I also use advanced circuits. On production orders they do ask for a fab
drawing. I just send a pdf file made with pcbprint. I include the board
outline, board dimensions, fiducials, top layer and multilayer. The
dimension layer includes a few notes on tolerances, etc. This seems to be
all they want. I can send a sample if you'd like to see it (email direct).

Richard

At 03:56 PM 5/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>hello,
>
>i've been doing boards now for almost two years and it
>looks like i'm still a rookie...
>
>i've been getting boards made by advanced circuits now
>for almost two years, and have probably gotten around 30
>different boards made.  i'll admit that they had some ques-
>tions on the first couple i did, but everything has been
>going more or less smooth since then.
>
>now they are asking for a "fab print", supposedly because
>of the high dollar figure of my order.  they said it was
>a drawing locating the drill holes.  does protel generate
>this for me?  all i do is run thru normal gerber and NC
>drill in the wizard, and evidently i'm not generating it
>for them.
>
>thank you, miker

Cheesecote Mountain CAMAC,  24 Halley Drive; Pomona, NY 10970
voice: 845 364 0211, fax: 845 362 6947,  www.cmcamac.com