Why not copy one of the existing schematics with template to a new file...
delete the circuitry and paste the new circuit into the copy?!

duane foster

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 11:52 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Extracting template from schematic

In a message dated 5/17/2002 2:48:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Forgive me if you have already tried this:
>
> If you go to Document Options/Sheet Options
> at the top of the dialog box it shows the template
> .dot file name and .ddb file it is associated with.
> A search for this database file with the Find shortcut
> off the start button should find it for you.

Unfortunately not helpful at all. The files I have, have been through two
other computer systems in other companies, and no one I have access to has
ever seen the template file. All the information is embedded in the
schematic
sheet, so it still displays just fine, but I need to extract it and get it
into some additional schematics, and also to be able to modify it. My past
experience with this list has been that somebody pops up with the right
answer inside of 10 minutes, or else what I'm asking is impossible. Guess
I'd
best get busy redrawing the template.

Steve Hendrix