Adeel Malik schrieb:

> Hi All,
>          Some FABs require that NC Drill data for PCB fabriaction should be
> given to them in Excellon Format. In Protel we have 2:3,2:4, 2:5 in Englich
> units and 4:2,4:3,4:4 in Metric Units. Can someone comment as to which of
> these formats supported by Protel correspond to Excellon Format (or Whats
> the definition of Excellon Format) ?.
< -- snip -- >

Adeel,

Drill data are always exported as Excellon Format for it is the most used. The
only thing you are changing with the deferent settings are:
the data is send as metric or inch (commented in the excellon-file)
and the exactness of the data (digits after the comma)
Excellon is, originally, an manufacturer of drilling mashines who managed toset
his data-format as a quasi standard for data exchange.

Regards,

Waldemar