i'm sure you are right about that

you can groove on one side or two, sometimes they like to see a dwg
showing the depth of the groove

it is a little sloppy but it saves material and break apart cleanup time

i am running some boards now (with light components) that snap apart
like a charm
the panel is about 8x10" and breaks into 10 boards which get waved all
at once
you do get a little fraying at the edges and as mentioned i wouldn't
want to slide them in a card cage, but for some jobs they are just right

i *think* the depth was set to leave half the material thickness left
after grooving on both sides
it was FR4 062" thick (it might be a little less deep than that which is
what prompted this)

i would worry about putting heavy transformers on there, but then that
is an issue with tab routing too

Dennis Saputelli