here is what i have found so far re logo
(BTW we are using Win2000 pro)

i put the bmp in a DDB which holds all the schem libs
no go (ie still won't find grahpic over network)
and yes this was open in the sense that the loaded libs were present
although i didn't 'open' the libs DDB

closed all files and quit protel
opened project again
still no logo

i then copied the bmp to the \Program Files\Design Explorer 99SE\
folder and voila!
as soon as it was plopped in there it appeared on the schematic

kind of interesting right there because i didn't do anything that would
cause it to 'refresh'
its as if a windows message got sent and protel picked it up and loaded
the graphic

while i could put the graphic in each machine program folder this hardly
makes the document portable to our customers

(of course MOST of our customers want Orcad schematics and some settle
for PDF)
rant rant, sorry about hammering that last point over and over

Dennis Saputelli