Abd ulRahman Lomax wrote:

> No one has come forward with a similar report. At this point, I will
> underline one of my first comments: it would be useful to see the Gerber
> output code. I described in my last post in this thread a means of
> obtaining a test PCB file that could be shared, and the gerber code itself,
> which would be only one or a few lines, could be included in a post.

I can state that at one time, when I used a low resolution Gerber format
to generate a Gerber file with a poured copper fill, that it would cause
shorts to the signal tracks.  It was pretty obvious it was a resolution problem,
and regenerating the Gerber files with a higher resolution (2.4 instead of 2.3)
fixed the problem.  I believe this was WITH software arcs, not without,
so it now appears that it is totally unrelated to the problem currently
being discussed.  It is pretty obvious that generating the plot with insufficient
resolution and software arcs could lead to track endpoints being misplaced
due to rounding error, and so is not a clear 'bug', although a nice note during
Gerber generation that coordinates are being rounded to lower resolution
might be nice.  (This message would probably come out during ALL Gerber
generations, however, so might be meaningless.)

Jon

* Tracking #: 7EAD9569EB7DA6428B768E1BB27BFCF881381B15