I did not write what Mr. Watnoski attributed to me. Rather it was written
by Mr. Elson in response to my own post. I did not think that the problem
had anything to do with resolution, Mr. Watnoski was quite explicit in his
first post that it was an arc rotation extent problem. The arc is correct
on the PCB but is not correct in the gerber, as seen by several viewers.

Mr. Elson's question about protel import was a good one, however. If Protel
imports the gerber and the arcs are correct, we probably have a case of
differing interpretations of the gerber code. It would likewise be
interesting to see what CAMtastic shows. (CAMtastic is really an
independent program even though it is now sold by Altium/Protel.)

No one has come forward with a similar report. At this point, I will
underline one of my first comments: it would be useful to see the Gerber
output code. I described in my last post in this thread a means of
obtaining a test PCB file that could be shared, and the gerber code itself,
which would be only one or a few lines, could be included in a post.

If we have a test pcb, a small file which shows the problem for Mr.
Watnoski, it will be possible to verify the issue, or the converse, to show
that the file plots properly for the rest of us. That file could be sent to
me personally as an attachment, I could put it up on the protel-users
filespace. *Don't try to send attachments to the list.* Bad Feng Shui.

(For a long time, the list would forward attachments. Eventually, Techserv
figured out that this put a huge burden on the mail server when someone
attached a couple of megabyte file to a post, which then was copied to a
thousand list members, plus it was poor security -- viruses and all -- and
bad policy in general and turned the option off.)

A possible workaround is to use software arcs, that is, check the box and
allow Protel to generate the arcs as a proliferation of line segments. The
only practical difference is the size of the gerber files, which will not
be exhorbitantly larger with software arcs unless there are a *lot* of arcs....

If the problem still exists with software arcs, we have a bug or trashed
installation on a whole different level....