From: Brad Velander [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 1:13 PM
To: 'Protel EDA Forum'
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Anybody plagued by Protel executable corruptions
recen tly?

Dennis,
        you are exactly correct, the annotate facility crashes immediately
upon clicking annotate. The message points to the VCL50.bpl file. I hadn't
bothered checking the other functions that were acting up last time, just
assumed they could be gone as well.
        I had reinstalled about a week ago and it worked fine after getting
their modified clean install from Protel. However this morning it is back
and even after doing the clean install it is still there so I have to try a
few other things right now.
        After I get it running I am going to note all the pertinent details
about these *.bpl files and save a clean copy somewhere safe as Jon
suggested. That was already on my to do list. Jon, if you are reading this,
they write back to the BPL files? I thought these were just library files
similar to DLLs?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

* Tracking #: C1EADFB33781574B82C176ADD0934614F8BBB803