> It is company policy that software licences be reviewed here before
> purchase in order to avoid "gotchas".  <snip>

That's a good company policy.  Incidentally, how did you get a copy of the
EULA for Microsoft products?  From Microsoft's website:

http://www.microsoft.com/education/license/eula.asp#6
1. Where do I find my End User License Agreement (EULA)?

The EULA may be found in one of several different locations, depending on
your Microsoft® product. The three most common locations for the license
agreement are: 1) printed on a separate piece of paper that accompanies the
product; 2) printed in the User's Manual, usually on the inside front cover
or the first page of the manual; or 3) located online within the software
product.

In other words, you have to buy the Microsoft product first, and then open
it, or maybe even install it before you can see the EULA.  What a racket.
There should be a law requiring the EULA to be posted on the outside of the
box or on the website, and registration cannot be required before viewing
it.  I don't have enough money to counter-lobby Congress to pass this law,
so it won't happen.

A sidebar:  ever wonder what happens when 2 opposing lobbyists lobby the
same Congressman?  I guess the one that contributes the most $$$ gets their
way, and the other lobbyist's money was wasted, like flushing it down a
giant toilet...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.