From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 10:03 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Manual edit for adding net classes?

In a message dated 7/30/2002 10:48:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I have some PCI traces that I want to add the lengths up --
>
> From the connector to the resistor pin 1 = 1 length (which is critical
and
> has a not to exceed)
>
> From the resistor pin 2 to BGA pin = 2nd length
>
> The above to distances must be added together and not to exceed 2.5
inches

> In the rules I can add a net and a net class together, sooo I wanted
> make
> a bunch of net classes but it's tedious to do one at a time - is there
> file I can edit. As the net class is in fact going to be only one net
there
> are over 40 such nets to add up.

There's a tool within Protel to do this, but as I recall I had to add it
the menu manually; I think it wasn't there by default. I have a Measure
Selection under the Reports menu, which maps to
PCB:MeasureSelectedObjects.
Since it works on the current selection it should be able to do exactly
what
you want.

Steve Hendrix

* Tracking #: 5750F4037BA4794385E959200441E3EAB0EDC758