Guys and Gals,

It looks like this list is going to get very very busy here in the next few
weeks with all of the various threads that are going to be popping up with
DXP, and the ongoing fun with 99 SE.

I was wondering whether or not we all might want to do ourselves a favor and
come up with some kind of convention that will help us track the "subject"
of a thread that we are trying to follow, while at the same time not miss
something important and help someone who has a problem and needs some help,
just because of the clutter of messages.

I would therefore pose the following to the members of the forum to
stimulate discussion on an acceptable solution.

1. ) Do nothing - just live with everything as it is.

2. ) Offload everything related to DXP to the "Protel Development Fourm"
list. I myself do not think that this is the answer, but maybe that is what
the rest of you want to do.

3. ) Create a DXP Users Forum and move all DXP related stuff there. Again,
not my preference, as I believe that DXP and 99SE may be to closely
intertwined.

4. ) Prefix the "SUBJECT" field of all messages with either a 1 or 3 letter
PREFIX which would immediately identify it as either P99 of DXP related, for
example, in the subject line: "P99 - Mouse Bug"; or "DXP - Mouse Bug Still
Here", or possibly using only one letter: P - Mouse Bug"; or "D - Mouse Bug
Still Here" (I know, everybody just loves my example, come on, its a joke!).
Actually, we probably don't even need the " - " after the 1 or 3 letters if
we just leave a space before the actual subject. This "initial indicator" of
a either 1 or a few letters would let everyone know which product the email
applied to, so that they could skip it if they were not interested. Most
importantly, this would not take up too much room in the "subject line", and
yet at the same time it would allow messages to be sorted by Product in the
"subject field".

Food for thought.

JaMi

* Tracking #: 7AD83503E400D8489A71542F11EBC46EFB315CBC