98 was up to SP3 when 99 was released.

"Rene Tschaggelar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/01/2002 12:04:17 PM

To:    "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Subject:  Re: [PEDA] DXP: Free updates?

AFAIR, 99SE was to first to have servicepacks.
2.8 was halfway working, the next year came 3.0.
The next year came 98, the next year came 99, then came
99SE and then the servicepacks. And I paid for every
version up to 99.

No ?

Rene

Bruce Walter wrote:

> >forget ATS, you don't require it.
>
> >we'll see what happens with future service packs.
> >Whether ther are available for free or not.
>
> (snip)
>
> >Rene
>
> I think it is very clear that in order to get service packs, you have to
be a current ATS subscriber.  That is the whole point.  I would hope that
most of the major bugs would be worked out within the first year.  That may
OK for most, but only if the included 1 year maintenance begins with the
release of DXP.  Users who bought about a year ago might be royally screwed
with a new, buggy package, and no way of getting the first bug fix release
without forking over for another year of maintenance.

> They have gone from the wonderful model of free support and updates
(fixes), which attracted new customers in droves, to the annual maintenance
model that has either stunted or destroyed other companies.  I personally
want nothing to do with it.

* Tracking #: 52B9CE151B8F2846837ACA87FD1949EEEA7A5B40