> Now we are really getting into my complaints about DXP.
>

>> Gripe 1:
>> scenario:
>>
>> open pcb
>> select all components
>> try changing all designator text heights to 45 mil for example.
>>
>> I can't do it . The moment you click on 'designator' in the inspector
>> it snaps to the text of only one components and does not modify the
>> proprties of all selected parts. Also the selection process is
>> annoying since it pops up a 'list' window. you can't continue editing
>> unless you
>> hit the Clear button in this list window.
>

> I am sure I have done this.  So it can be done.  Just can't quite
> recall and do not have the software to test.  May have to bear with me
> or wait for someone else to test.

yep you have ot click on the text and do the -find similar etc thing. i
am missing the panel where you could change like 6 or 7 parameters in
one shot for all parts.

> I am also a little R-G colour blind.  I am not too happy with some of
> the changes in DXP.  There is a reduction in the overall screen
> contrast - or at least that is my impression.

Well i don't see green ! green is a contrast shade of grey ( i dont have
the green receptor in my eye. Below a certain contrast level i can no
longer tell the difference between a 'green line' and any other colored
line. they are the same to me

> I am not happy with selection in DXP.
>

>> Gripe 4
>>
>> The selection is not 'sticky'
>>
>> you select a bunch of stuff , as soon as you click somewhere the
>> selection gets undone. how do you
>

> It is an option - to make selections sticky - check the Preferences
> you should be able to find it.
>
> But ... I think it is still broken even with sticky selections.  The
> sticky selections make it confusing and difficult to operate IMO.
> P99SE is better in that focus and selection were different
> attributes.  DXP merges them to be more standard Windows-like and I
> think we have lost something.

Exactly. you could 'stack' operations on top of each other without
having to unde and redo your action

>> Gripe 5
>>
>> Select all : sometimes no longer selects all , only layers ( no
>> components)
>> this seems to be related to this list again . something triggers this
>> list to contain stuff without you specifying it. you have to open the
>> list , Clear it and then the commands behave normally.
>

> Dunno - you got more details?  Report it as a bug maybe.
>

>> This seems to affect a number of commands . Sometimes the click ,
>> hold and drag to move a track with rubberbanding doesn't behave
>> correctly either
>> Clarification : click is the proces of pushing mouse button and
>> releaseing it without moving the mouce , hold drag is push the mouse
>> button down without releaseing it and then start moving
>>
>> click is select something
>> hold drag is move without rubberbanding
>> click followed by hold and drag is move with rubberbanding of
>> connected vertexes.
>>

>> been playing with DXP for 3 days now ( DEMO version , i'm waiting for
>> my 3 version to come in the mail) . i like a lot of the new things
>> but the above are very annoying for me.  I can get used to some of
>> these but the highlight is going to be hard unless someone can do an
>> eye transplant for me.
>

> Does the blend slider help?  Can you change the colours to help?

i can play with the colors but then everybody in the office goes
ballistic. and i have been using the default ( classic ) color sceme for
like 10 years.

--

                    Tel : (919) 850 6070
                    Fax : (919) 850 6689