At 01:50 PM 8/14/2002 -0400, Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:
>Oops, I hope the (un)subcriber automaton doesn't think I want to
>(un)subscribe just because I replied to a subject line that had
>(un)subscribe in it.  Keep me in here!

It won't unsubscribe you. I think the server ignores the subject line.

The command to leave the list by email is a mail to

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

sent from the subscribed address with

leave proteledaforum

as the first line of the message, no other text is required.

*The mail must be, or appear to be, from the email address which is
subscribed.*

Every post in the list has appended unsubscription instructions as a link
to a unsubscribe web page. The list administration recommends unsubscribing
through the web page, but that page also gives the information as to how to
unsubscribe by email. The web page method is the only method available if
one no longer can send mail from the subscribed account.

(But it is usually not difficult to spoof the original address unless your
internet access locks such mail out -- Verizon, for example, requires all
mail to be shown as coming from a Verizon domain, a real nuisance if one
has an independent domain hosted elsewhere. I have Verizon wideband
internet, cheap, but my domain server at addr.com does allow SMTP mail to
be sent through it after log-in verification by checking the incoming mail,
which is how I'm managing to send lomaxdesign.com mail with Verizon access.
I'm not using the Verizon mail server.)

* Tracking #: C1BFC1E11DF0604CA11CF919B84EAFCB9FCC8E81