Charlie,
I ran 99se on XP for a while.  It really didn't run any better than running
on W98.  I eventually had to uninstall XP and reload W 98 after experiencing
3 fatal crashes.    These weren't Protel related.  XP did everything wrong,
it crashed, banged my harddrive until I found out how to stop it, it would
loose internet, and network connections, and lost my USP port three times,
I'm convinced that my Compaq was molded to run a Compaq version of W98 and
attempting to run any other operation system is fruitless, so I ll hold on
to W98/ 99SE combo for another year since I'm not ready to buy a new
computer every year.    Next year   I will re-evaluate all of the new design
software out there  Protel and competition included.    I just got my stock
statement today, my Protel stock has dropped to  70 cents  US.    That
doesn't say much

Mike Reagan
EDSI