<el snipo>

> I have been buying only locally-built white box PCs for my
> business and home
> use for over 4 years now.  All of them have performed up to expectations,
> none have needed repair, and some have been upgraded with
> standard parts.  I
> couldn't be happier with them.  Besides, I can customize them
> with stuff you
> can't get from the big brands:  removable IDE drive bays, PCMCIA slots,
> dual-monitor video cards, etc.
>
> Best regards,
> Ivan Baggett
> Bagotronix Inc.
> website:  www.bagotronix.com

Hi Ivan and all,

I can not agree more with white boxes ;o), I clean mine out every 6 months,
replace the fans as they fail or feel like they are sticking on poles with
ball bearing ones (slightly noiser due to the higher RPM)

I have had only minor failurers 1 network card and a few video cards, the
video cards had sezed fans and with the AU heat and no AC or roof insulation
(is a government owned rental ) we get weeks of 35 C inside the house, my
office (a 20' Insulated sea container will get AC this summer I hope).

Although I had faliures, all were replaced under warantty, and all were what
I call minor faults. Plus I do not have to be told what my PC has :o), I can
upgrade a CPU / MB / RAM with no special parts.

The only downside was I got stuck with a Slot A cpu and MB, but is no biggie
as when I need to upgrade this box, it will go to the kids or be turned into
another FreeBSD server ;o)

Now if only protel would release a Unix version (tried eagle but as Tony
pointed out it is kids ware and was next to useless, after 2 days of wasted
time I gave up and reloaded windows (also could not print PDF files properly
( I like to send a 400 page PDF to the printer and forget about it, not sit
there and look at the last page printed and tell it to do the rest multiple
times))

Regards,

Kat.

K.A.Q. Electronics.