For me, the jury is out.

I've been playing with the demo version. If that is the same as the
production version then I have some
serious concerns over the usability of the schematic hierarchy, especially
with large imported 99SE designs.

I really don't like the need to explicitly 'compile' a schematic before you
can browse the hierarchy, to me
that's a backward step.  What was wrong with the way it was before?

And I've found the zoom/screen redraw of the PCB on a complex pub to be
about 1/2 of the speed of 99SE on
on the same machine with the same design and detail level.  Again affecting
usability.

Conversely there are some nice features that should have been in 99se, like
mech layer pairs and busses
as real nets rather than as symbols for a connection, .DDBs are dead,
Unified libraries... I expect the list will go on... I must try out the new
autorouter some time.

Oh, the 3D viewer, a useless toy in 99se is not improved.  I still can't see
a way of editing the height of
non-library components.  There appears to be no way of importing models
either.

I don't know if Altium will release an API, third party 3D tools will still
be required, but will they be ported?

All in all, I can see no obvious reason to upgrade the schematic.  For us,
the mech layer pairs in PCB
are useful as it makes producing assembly drawings easier.  We may use just
the PCB for that only.

Jason.