I agree, it has been a small pain to have my DDBs changing date every
time I look at them. In one sense, I'm glad the DDB is gone, although I
will miss it for a while. I used it like an automatic ZIP system.
Everytime I made a big change to a file inside a DDB, I'd just back up
the DDB somewhere.

I don't think DXP makes any changes to a file when you open it. If you
make edits, then of course, but it will ask you if you want to save, and
on top of that it will ask you what format to save it in.

> I personally cannot afford to have DXP make some small change
> and do some "small thing" to a file that was mistakenly
> opened by it instead of P99SE, and find out that it
> permanantly changed the file (like the "time and date" stamp
> issue above), and find out a week later that that "small
> thing" somehow "corrupted" the file and made it unusable.
>
> > Please, do not blame Altium for every possible problem or
> difficulty
> > happening in your professional activity - maybe it's just
> my personal
> > impression, but it's some of your recent posts that made that
> > impression.
> >

> Yes, recently I have been pushing my computer systems and
> Protel 99 SE to the limits, as we all do from time to time in
> a crunch, which is all the more reason why we all need a rock
> solid "professional" computer systems and rock solid
> "professional" computer software to use as "professional"
> tools to do our "professional" job. And that is why you may
> hear me be a little bit "unprofessional" about some of the
> unacceptable and "unprofessional" things that Protel 99 SE
> does at times.
>
> Please remember that the very first time that I really used
> Protel 99 SE in a full blown "professional" application and
> atmosphere (not my own trial version at home), baxk in July
> 2001, it crashed on me.
>
> It has crashed on a continual and regular basis ever since.

> It continues to "crash" on me to this day, inspite of my
> upgrading systems and installing in on a brand new Dell 535
> Workstation Pentium 4 (at work) and a brand new IBM Netvista
> 6648 Pentium III (at home with my personal license).

Maybe all your boards are from hell, because so many of us do not have
the crashing you do on such a regular basis. Is it possible for you to
send one of your boards to me or to someone else you choose so a second
party can determine if it's something complex in your boards or just bad
luck with those systems. I don't give a rat's *ss about the content of
the board; I'm just curious if my system will crash upon loading it,
editing it, etc.

Another point: have you submitted a board to Protel? If they cannot
reproduce your crashes, they cannot fix it unless they are fixing
something else and that fix just happens to fix your issues.