On 11:47 AM 19/09/2002 -0400, Bagotronix Tech Support said:
> > File extensions assotiation is a Windows thing, not Protel!
> >
> > Please, do not blame Altium for every possible problem or difficulty
> > happening in your professional activity - maybe it's just my personal
> > impression, but it's some of your recent posts that made that impression.
>
>If the DXP installation program grabs the file association away from 99SE,
>then it's not a Windows problem, it's a Protel problem (or feature!
>)    )
>
>JaMi experienced exactly the type of thing I expressed fear about a few days
>ago when someone suggested I try DXP - that my existing 99SE would get
>screwed up somehow by installing the DXP demo.  Even though I was reassured
>that this would not happen, I was still skeptical.  And it seems my
>skepticism was well-founded.

Everyone should read JaMi's original post carefully - he dbl clicked a SCH
file (or was it a PCB file).  This was an exported backup from the P99SE
DDB file (autobackup).

On my installation dbl clicking a DDB opens it in P99SE.  Dbl clicking a
SCH file opens DXP.  Remember DXP native files are the PCB and SCH file not
DDB's.

DXP by default uses the much nicer PcbDoc and SchDoc extensions but
obviously claims sch and presumably PCB and maybe even LIB extensions.

I do not mind the associations as they are but would prefer that the
installer gave me the option to selectively allow or disallow the
association for each extension type.

Ian Wilson