yes i agree with this
for my purposes i am happy that it works at all

my use is for mechanical fit testing and 'interactive' placement of
controls and connectors

so what i would like to see in the translator is a lot LESS data

whenever i do an export the first thing i do is spend time
deleting all the solder mask, paste mask, in fact most of the layers
then i explode all the objects (to get 0 width lines and circles for
pads),
then I move all the objects onto a single layer and purge the file

this gets boring pretty quickly, esp as the bd spins and re-spins

if you don't zap all the layers for this usage then there is too much
splatter on the ACAD dwg layer list and the dwg file can get heavy to
carry around

i suppose i could write a script, in fact i started one but little
details would need to be changed on the fly and the write and debug time
is too close to the task time to warrant it

i think they should have a little more control on what gets exported,
it wouldn't be too hard for example to NOT export a layer if it is not
turned on.
that would make the interface simple

oh, and 'DON'T EXPORT Polygon pours' option too!

Dennis Saputelli